Wednesday, September 18, 2019
Breaking News
Home » All News » Court dismisses Evan’s N300m suit against police

Court dismisses Evan’s N300m suit against police

The Federal High Court in Lagos has dismissed the three hundred million Naira fundamental rights enforcement suit filed against the police  by suspected kidnap kingpin, Chukwudumeme Onwuamadike also known as Evans.

Justice Abdulazeez Anka dismissed the suit for lacking in merit.

Evans had in June last year filed the suit to challenge his detention for eleven days “without charge.”

The kidnap kingpin also alleged that he was subjected to media trial during his arrest.

He argued, through his counsel, Mr. Olukoya Ogungbeje, that the detention from June ten was a violation of his fundamental rights enshrined in some sections of the Constitution.

The judge ruled that the decision of the police to detain Evans from June ten to twenty-two was reasonable, as they had an order to detain him for ninety days.

On the media trial, the judge said there was no law that stops the media from carrying out their constitutional duty.

Comments

comments

Check Also

Prof. Osinbajo says Ministers will present first performance report in December

TweetVice President Yemi Osinbajo has declared that all the Ministers appointed by President Muhammadu Buhari …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll Up